Monday 31 August 2015

Time to leave

My last day here for now, and time for one last ride before house tidying and cleaning. It's been a vintage summer for getting up to Vercors - unlike last summer, this year Vercors has rarely been wearing its cap of cloud, and indeed, in the high temperatures of this summer has been a pleasant refuge on the hottest days.

So, today, a repeat of a favourite 50-mile loop up to La-Chapelle-en-Vercors before lunch. And then time to say "au revoir". Certainly a most enjoyable and memorable stay. Apart from concerts, a trip to Serbia, welcoming friends and evenings out with French friends, I've cycled 2000 miles, achieved my ambition of cycling 100 solo miles at 20mph, and put up my toilet roll holder that's been sitting on the shelf for two years. See, I do more than just ride a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment