30 August 2026

Look, no battery!

It was a beautifully cool morning this morning, the light was magnificent, and I was feeling good enough to see how my body would react to using the non-battery super-light Colnago road bike for a very short ride just down to the other side of Die and back. As much as the Moustache has been brilliant at taking the strain during my rehabilitation, it's a bit like driving a milk float instead of a racing car (I imagine... Ive never driven either) – it does the job very well, but it's about a third of my weight, compared with the Colnago being about a tenth, so the handling is decidedly 'heavy', even with the battery assistance.

Anyway, all was lovely this morning, and I couldn't stop grinning, being reminded of the sheer fun of road bikes in such beautiful scenery. And even going just 10 miles, there was no shortage of wonderful photos to take!














No comments:

Post a Comment