I've been somewhat preoccupied with my two musical guests staying and the rehearsals and concerts in Crest and Die, so it's time for a bit of a catch up! There aren't many photos of the musical activities, so I'll put them in one post now.
We rehearsed on Wednesday and Thursday in Die Cathedral – normally we do rehearsals elsewhere, but as the concert featured the organ quite a bit, it was very helpful to rehearse there.
The concert in Crest on Friday went well, but wasn't as well attended as normal, and I've absolutely no idea why, other than perhaps the lack of a major well-known piece as a draw had an effect. It's always very mysterious why (or why not) audiences turn up!
The concert in Die was, as usual, very well attended, and choir and orchestra did a great job. Though of course the brass section was the best bit! 😉
My friends have now left to return to London via Lyon, so time for a bit of P&Q and rest!




No comments:
Post a Comment