05 August 2026

Morning activity, afternoon torpor...

Rather wonderfully, we had a couple of short but proper thundery downpours yesterday evening: obviously there's the enormous upside of watered gardens and forests, but also the almost-immediate dropping of the temperature by 5C. In comparison with the previous evening, it gave a good chance to cool the house down before bedtime, and to continue that overnight, despite the residual humidity.

So it was a morning of cool activity: firstly bedlinen laundry, including mattress protector and cover (with the waste water used on the garden), and then a slightly elongated ride into Die to replenish vital supplies (notably olive oil - I buy Ramade, produced in Nyons, where I hope to be able to ride to again when fully recovered). It was still under 30C when I returned home at midday.

It's since climbed to 37.5C, which is splendid for drying the laundry, but not much else. Anyway, it was a lovely little ride.













No comments:

Post a Comment